2011年5月12日木曜日

Wonderful Tokunoshima


Tokunoshima is where my dad grew up. Tokunoshima is the small island which is belonging to Kagoshima prefecture, but actually it's located closer to Okinawa prefecture. That is why Tokunoshima's culture and language(dialect) are almost same as Okinawa. There is very beautiful blue ocean, tropical fruit and throughout the year, it's warm, so nobody has outer clothes.

There are many differences between Tokunoshima and Osaka. For example, dialect of Tokunoshima has been said that it was made up with Indonesian, English, Taiwanese, and Japanese which was used during Jomon period. It's totally different from dialect of Osaka.

When I was little, I visited my grandparents. One night, I was going to lock the door properly, but my grandma said "you don't need to lock the door!" to me. People in Tokunoshima never locked the door. And surprisingly, daytime, the sometimes leave the door open! In Osaka, not only me lock the door as soon as I get home, so I just couldn't believe it and felt like so worried. I think this is not only about the custom, it's also about the humanity too because we lock the door here to prevent crimes, but in Tokunoshima, people never locked means there is no crimes!

I love such a peaceful land of Tokunoshima.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿